Saturday, January 3, 2015

Butternut squash steak fries

You read right! Steak fries! Ok so they don't really taste a whole lot like steak fries but they are an amazing replacement for them! Id say they taste a bit similar to sweet potato fries. Even my vegetable hating, never wants to try new things husband, said they were definitely a remake! Even when we are off whole30! Super wife win in the books here =] I hope anyone who tried them enjoys them as much as we did!



 
 
 
 
So I halved the squash and baked it in the oven for 45 minutes. (bake until cooked but a tiny bit under done).

Once out I cut into "steak fry" like pieces. I put them in a skillet with some EVOO (ok a generous amount of EVOO) and sprinkled with s&P. cook until a brown color on one side and then flip. Or until nice and tender. Then enjoy! Easy enough right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment